On this page:
Applications for Youth Train in Trades
Prerequisite: Completion of Math 10 is required for entry into all SD46 Youth in Trades Programs.
Process to Apply:
- Meet with your school counsellor and let them know you are interested in planning your courses for graduation
- The Application form and Career Transition Plan can be filled out in your Grade 10, 11th or 12th year as long as the course is completed before you graduate.
- All Dual Credit applications must be approved by the school counsellor and the school district Career Coordinator and/or Principal.
- School District 46 will pay for the tuition to the Post-Secondary School, however non-refundable fees to cover materials students take away with them after the course will need to be paid.
- Only courses/programs on a specific career path will be considered for sponsorship.
There is an information meeting for parents and students in early February. Meeting dates and times will take place at Chatelech and Elphinstone Secondary School Libraries. Details of the information evenings will be announced in January.
Automotive Service Technician Program Application - VCC Vancouver Community College
To apply to the Youth Train in Trades Automotive Service Technician program at School District 46, please complete the following forms and submit this to your school counsellor or the district career coordinator as soon as possible.
Carpentry Program Application - Vancouver Island University
To apply to the Youth Train in Trades Carpentry program at School District 46, please complete all three of the following forms and submit this to your school counsellor or the district career coordinator by as soon as possible.
Cook Program Application - VCC Vancouver Community College
To apply to the Youth Train in Trades Cook program at School District 46, please complete all three of the following forms and submit this to your school counsellor or the district career coordinator by as soon as possible.
Train in Trades Entrance Exams
Vancouver Island University requires all of their students to pass an entrance exam. These take place in early April for our Train in Trades Program. Note: There is no entrance exam for the Cook or Automotive Service programs.
* If the exam is required from Vancouver Island University, the students will be given a study package and notified of the exam date.
Study Package for Entrance Exams:
Train in Trades Tuition and Fees
2023-2024 Materials’ Fees updates will be posted here soon.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your school counsellor or the career coordinator.